Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Its been a year!

A year ago I left my friends and family behind, I stated to learn a new language at the time I thought it was one of the hardest things I would ever do…. I was very wrong. Saying goodbye to all the people I met in Belgium was much harder, hands down the hardest thing I have ever done!
The friends I made this year were one of two types of friendships
1.       We were both going through the same thing and could relate to each other (other exchange students)
2.       People who took the time to try to understand me, and I to them
Neither of these friends will ever be forgotten! Exchange students are one big family no matter where in the world we may be, or how many oceans separate us. And all the Belgians who took the time to listen will never be forgotten, if it weren’t for them I wouldn’t even speak French! From constantly being corrected to laughing because no one had any idea what was being said these are the friendships I cherish the most. My year may be over, but the friendships and memories will carry on!

Tomorrow we got to the airport to welcome our new exchange student to Texas.... It is still shocking that I am back in Texas, much less starting the exchange circle all over again! I remember waiting at the wrong luggage claim for almost an hour! I remember choosing my classes, my first day of school It is so crazy that is all over! I f any of my friends from exchange are ever in the USA, you better tell me! If you are in Texas, you always have a home here in Dallas awaiting you! 

I now have a home all over the world, Brazil to Australia, Peru to Canada and everywhere in between!  
Thank you to everyone, Belgian or American who was part of this year! It was an amazing year, one to never be forgotten!


No comments:

Post a Comment