Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Firsts of my Exchange!

Well I have done so pretty crazy things on exchange! I have 2 months (exactly) left on exchange and I think it’s only fitting to list all my crazy firsts I have managed to accomplish! There may be a few more, but as of now these are some of the most memorable. This year had taught me so much and has made me step out of my comfort zone in ways I never would have expected! With out this year and the wonderful Rotary Youth Exchange non of this would have been possible!

My list of many firsts!





  1. Taken a bus
  2. Seen a Euro
  3. Used a Euro
  4. Had a conversation in French
  5. Had trouble locking and unlocking a door
  6. Cussed someone out (was not on purpose)
  7. Been afraid of pick pocketing
  8. Attended mass in French
  9. Found my way without a map
  10. Went “exploring”
  11. Trusted a stranger
  12. Walked through snow well past my ankle
  13. Gone to school in snow well past my ankle
  14. Celebrated St.Nicolas
  15. Thrown flour at people
  16. Begged strangers for money
  17. Toured a brewery
  18. Drank a Belgian beer in Belgium with Belgians
  19. Drank a German beer in Germany with Germans
  20. Drank the World’s Best Beer
  21. Drank French Wine in the French Alps
  22. Drank Belgian Wine in Belgium with Germans
  23. Drank German Wine in Germany with Germans
  24. Drank Spanish Wine in Spain
  25. Drank Spanish Sangria in Spain
  26. Ate a Belgian Waffle in Belgium
  27. Ate Schnitzel in Germany
  28. Spoke in French in front of 80+ people
  29. Been happy about making a 10 on a test
  30. Visited something I learned about in History class
  31. Truly tried to see things from someone else’s point of view
  32. Traveled alone
  33. Taken a random bus just to see where it goes
  34. Rode a train

  35. Been inside a castle
  36. Took a tour in a language I didn’t understand
  37. Lived on the 6ht floor of a building
  38. Packed all my things in 20 minutes
  39. Learned to enjoy the little things
  40. Relied on the skills I learned to survive!
  41. Moved houses 6 times in a year
  42. Seen how there is really more then one way to do the same thing
  43. Done something I knew was stupid
  44. Climbed a mountain
  45. Gone to a club
  46. Walked through some of the most historic buildings I could ever think of
  47. Seen Royal guards
  48. Received free drinks/food
  49. Ate


    1. Mutton
    2. Baby lamb
    3. Veal
    4. Octopus 
    5. Frog
    6. Deer
    7. Baby Deer
    8. Kangaroo
    9. Rabbit
    10. Pigeon
  50. Been offered something for being an American
  51. Been looked down upon for my nationality
  52. Been truly proud to be an American
  53. Lived a drama free life
  54. Forgave because I realize there are much bigger problems then mine
  55. Skipped a class
  56. Been into the Mediterranean
  57. Stayed in a hostel

  58. Made friends from a country who mine "hates"
  59. Chosen not to study
  60. Not cared what anyone else might think about me
  61. No cared what anyone else’s opinion of me might be
    62. Lived without questioning anything! Not worrying about the outcome or consequences, just doing what feels right for the moment!
1

1

1 comment:

  1. That is a great list Allison but you have many more to come!!! I have been excited to revisit Europe with you and loved seeing your amazement when you see or do new things. You will have to visit England next. Love Ann

    ReplyDelete