Friday, August 17, 2012

Brussels and BBQ


Brussels was amazing!!! SO PRETTY!!! We took the train from Liege in the morning, it was very crowded! We had to stand in the entrance of the train the whole way there, but it was worth it! The trains in Belgium make DART look even more ghetto then they already are!! The city was so pretty!  
We got off the train and walked into a chocolate shop! It smelled so good! But if you ever walk into a shop and they speak English to you before French, don’t buy anything! It’s a tourist trap, and they are probably VERY expensive!


We then walked down a little street to “La Grande Palace” It was amazing!!! Right now there is “carpet of flowers” so all in front of it there are flowers. It is so gorgeous!






We walked around and found a place to eat that was very good! Manon and I had a sandwich while Chloe had what was supposed to be like a meatball, but ended up being triangular and looked like bread, she said it was different and not too yummy (Today I tried that same thing at a different place,  but it didn’t look like bread and was good)! I also had Orange Fanta… Here they don’t put the dye in the soda to make it orange, so my orange Fanta was yellow! But it tasted the same!



We walked around some more of the city and stumbled upon a few neat little things like “Manneken Pis” people are obsessed with this thing!!! It is everywhere all over the city! We walked down a bunch of streets and saw many new and neat things! We walked down one section, that I was told, resembled France. It was very cute! There was even a man playing an accordion! THEN, I HAD MY FIRST OF WHAT WILL BE MANY WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO YUMMY!!!!! We ate our waffles then, went back to the train station and headed home! It was a very long day and I almost fell asleep on the train!!









WE had my third host family over for dinner and had a “BBQ” it was a bit different than a Texas BBQ but kind of similar! My third family is hosting a girl from Mexico right now. (My second family has a girl from California, and all three of us will be rotating families) The food is so good here, it may not have been a Texan BBQ but ill happily settle for a Belgian one!! While we were eating it got REALLY cold outside! So after dinner we went inside and talked. I explained cow shows…. Hahaha that is really hard to do!! Then we ended up having a bit of a dance off I guess?! Haha But we were looking at all the different dances and doing some of them.  It was crazy! C'est fou!!!!Then we had some Ice Cream, yet again yummy!



Today I went to get my temporary citizenship. After that we went to go lunch with of family friend of theirs. I tried fries and mayonnaise, it was terrible, but what was terrible was mussels!  EWWWW!!! The only thing I have eaten here and NEVER eat again!!!!

We then went to my school! It is VERY different here! It is about 40 years old and DEFFINATLY not anything like Wylie East! Haha! I kind of explained how school here works, Manon says it would be like a dream come true to have school here be like it is in Texas!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that all is going well! I am really enoying your blog and I look forward to seeing many more! If it's okay I think I will share your blog address with other family members and family friends? Let me know Al.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah go for it! It makes me feel kind of famous when I look at it and it says I have 123 views!! hahaha

      Delete